1. Made myself this blog/website. Well I initially took up this idea very reluctantly. The fear of not having readers to the fear of not being able to write to the fear of sucking at blogging, I had it all to stop me from starting this. But I guess whatever happens, happens for good. Got more than 1000+ hits on my website within a month and around 100 likes on my fb page within 72 hours. Cheers! that demands a treat. \m/
2. Studied N.O.T.H.I.N.G yup nothing at all. I know it may sound normal to you after all who studies in the vacations. But here take this I am a pre-final year Engineering Undergrad ready to sit for placements starting very soon, and as all my friends are busy making notes to preparing for interviews to scribbling those C++ questions at the back of the rough copy they completed this vacation with aptitude and LR questions, I am comfortably sitting here and writing this blog. “Wow” -A sarcastic Retard would say.
3. Yeah I got my sister married. Click here to see few pictures of the marriage. More than the pain of letting her go I underwent more pain in making all the arrangements from seeing the tent and décor to the cook team which demanded a Cigarette pack,patta khaini, and Lifebuoy soaps which they needed to wash you know what to the light man whom I troubled a lot after he spread out the LEDs in a bizarre way in the porch to the caterer uncle who was so kind and considerate and always called me “chhote sarkar” to the baraati people whose demands had to be met I had to face one and all. I was on the speed dial list of every one, and yes I mean every one. My younger cousin even called me “a one man army”. But then the pain was worth living. A small effort from the only brother to my sister.
4. I got my father’s Alto crashed. Yay you know that already if you read the “Let's Begin” Whaaaat ….?You didn’t read it? Just click now here. I always asked my dad before this incident(read one hell of an accident perpetrated by me and my friend Rattsy): “Papa how these insurance companies work? Whats their procedure? How do you get paid?” Well now after a month’s bhaaga-dowdi, hundreds of phone calls and thousands of documentation done between the Insurance company, ICICI bank, the Maruti repair centre and the Surveyor I am now sure I can write a book on “The Whaaats and Whyyyys of Insurance?” Ya and my dad is going to be my first customer.
5. I made a new, intelligent and nerdy friend on facebook. No explanation henceforth on this :P
6. I did a training in Tata Motors. although I am not interested in pursuing a hard-core job in electronics I found life at Tata Motors much easier and lavish. Ya they provide so many free perks to their engineers. From free (read very nominal charges cut from their payments) Electricity, Water and housing facilities round the clock in such a beautiful city established by the Tatas to the lavish payment to the almost no pressure jobs they need to do, life at Tata motors is kingly and well deserved for people who really work hard to get into it. Oh coming back to my training project, it was good. Ya plain and simple. Good.
7. I got two online content writing internships courtesy Internshala (Ya there is God in the skies above), the silver lining of my summer vacations’2013. It was indeed very helpful writing and earning at the same time. The people at ListDose and FinalNok, you rock but then don’t you think you all are very demanding from the interns. *Phew Ya now I am complaining*. I also registered myself with Campus Diaries, an amazing platform for young creative writers. Let me tell you the people at Campus diaries you people deserve a pat on your back. Clap for yourself and yeah do get me published in the next month’s issue. :P
8. The little time I did spend at my house peacefully (ya I mean the time I really got for myself after all the shopping and household work I had to do which my ma tells is essential to do to make me an independent, responsible and self sustainable guy :D) I spent it with my Dadi, the most lovable and inspirational character I have seen in this world. The mere simplicity and cheerfulness she radiates is incomparable. From being married and getting widowed at a very young age after my dadaji went to heavenly abode, she managed it all single-handedly. Listening to her talks and the moral stories stated from her lifetime one gets the feel that life is still very beautiful and meant to be lived cheerfully like this lady wearing a smile and the tulsi mala in her neck with a vaishnav tika on her forehead. I could write an entire article on her. Expect one very soon. The stories at times were repeated by her, but the lessons they were always new.
9. I have started talking less, and thinking and writing more or so my sister says. At times when we are sitting in the same room doing our stuff and she incidentally asks me something and I do a “hu-hu” thing(which means affirmative) and a minute later- “No, I meant absolutely No” :D she looks at me in horror and then says: “Where are you? Dancing around your bonfire?” No wait she didn’t say that but who clearly remembers, obviously I didn’t hear her. :P
10. Finally at the very end of this vacation I see a new horizon in the landscape of my thoughts and dreams. The new horizon which comprises of you my readers, to you people who honestly believe in my writings and for that very matter I owe you a sense of responsibility. I will write and you do keep reading. As for me- well hopefully I will be getting placed very soon and find my “purpose” on this stage called world. A friend of mine advised me to find purpose in my dreams, and I guess I will be doing exactly that once I return to college. Hast-la-vista people. Till next time Cheers to life. Keep calm and enjoy the Bonfire \m/
I am me…Yes I am me…And I don’t think before writing…it just comes to me…it makes me feel fuzzy…my hands start itching…my laptop and MS Word seem as my best friends at times… I know I may delete this after I have written it…but it doesn’t matter, I need concentration while writing…I cant afford the tv to blurt out things at vol.15 or above while I am writing, yay seriously I cant…I type furiously in order to let the words flow…let them move, let them take control…the feel of typing on my keyboard and creating something is unparallel…I love writing and will now take a pause…Did you like it?... I surely did… I feel a lot lighter now…Mum’s made Dosa… Wuhuu :)
P.S. : Make yourself a list too. Its always fun making lists-Trust me.
Because life like a Dosa needs to be big, spread out, fluffy/crispy and most importantly having that surprising delicious "masala" inside it :)